This material was prepared by American Institutes for Research (AIR). It is redistributed by IPRO HQIC, a Hospital Quality Improvement Contractor, under contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
The purpose of the revised Roadmap is to provide practical guidance to help the Hospital Improvement Innovation Networks (HIINs), hospitals, and other PfP partners achieve a shared vision of PFE and meet the five PFE metrics.
The Roadmap contains information about:
• definition and core principles of PFE;
• role of PFE in patient safety;
• the intersection of PFE and health equity;
• definition, intent, and benefits of each PFE metric, as well as tips and resources to help
meet each metric and hospital success stories; and
• six PFE strategies to meet the five PFE metrics.