Resource Location: https://www.cdc.gov/StillGoingStrong/
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
CDC’s Still Going Strong campaign speaks directly to older adults, age 65 and older, and their caregivers. We want to raise awareness about preventable injuries among older adults. This campaign has two goals:
- Educate about common risk factors for falls and motor vehicle crashes, as well as traumatic brain injuries that happen from falls and motor vehicle crashes.
- Empower older adults and their caregivers to take simple steps that will help them maintain their independence and age without injury.
Resources, videos, ads and social media:
- Older Adults: Information for adults age 65 and older on how to age without injury.
- Caregivers: Information for caregivers to help your loved ones age without injury
- Healthcare Providers: Information for healthcare providers to help your older patients age without injury.
A CDC report has found that unintentional falls are the cause of more than 90% of emergency department visits in adults aged 65 years or more.