Resource Location: https://patientsafetymovement.org/covid-19-resources-for-hospitals/
Patient Safety Movement
- Activate incident command systems.
- Ensure there is an adequate supply of PPE, ventilators, and other supplies and equipment.
- Maintain ethical standards when allocating resources.
- Have a plan for continued surge.
- Ensure safe staffing levels.
- Routinely analyze your facility’s risk.
- Embrace continuous improvement and a culture of safety.
- Establish safe discharge practices.
- Ensure that proper cleaning protocols are implemented.
- Continuously involve patients, family members, and members of the general public in conversations around improvement.
- Create a plan to resume normal operations.
- Take care of your people, so they can better care for patients.